Re: Problems regarding jhbuild

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 02:52 +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
For bootstrapping, the dependency should be on valac, not on libvala.
I'm not very familiar with jhbuild but what's the issue with a valac
sysdep such as the following, similar to how the C compiler sysdep is
handled?

        <dep type="path" name="valac"/>

Hi Jürg,

You're right, that should work fine. I'll add a bootstrap dependency.

Still, I discourage these regular .pc version bumps. If the API/ABI is
really completely unstable (which I doubt) then it would be better to
use soname versioning to manage that instead.

Michael