Re: Design help requested: Certificate Chooser UI.

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 21:48 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 13:08 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
Tyagi is working on a GSoC project this year, implementing a
certificate chooser which will probably live in the GCR library.

I would love to have exactly this thing available for use, for example,
from gtk-vnc and vinagre.

Right now gtk-vnc assumes that the user will put certs and keys in some
hardcoded locations.  The code more or less allows for a scheme where
the user would be prompted for them instead; I'd love to have a good API
to call there.

Thanks, Federico.

I'd be very grateful if you could join us on #keyring and also check
out Tyagi's current work: https://github.com/tyagi-prashant/gcr

The new dialog can be tested by running ./gcr-certificate-chooser-test
after building GCR.

Aside from the request for overall design assistance as discussed, we
could also do with some help with the details — just things like when
we select a certificate and its preview is shown, everything in the
dialog is jumping around as things change size. Those would probably be
trivial for you to help with, but neither Tyagi nor I are particularly
familiar with the intricate details of how to lay things out properly.

If you could help with that, it would be much appreciated!

--
dwmw2