Re: GNOME Games source name

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 15:03 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
And for gnome-photos you expect a collection of photos?

Jeremy raised valid concerns which I share and your response are
snide remarks.

This is not constructive.

It's not constructive because you're not explaining to this list why
you think gnome-games should be a collection of games, and gnome-photos
can't be a collection of photos.

Please take the concerns of your users and downstreams more
seriously.

We are here because we love GNOME, not because we want to annoy you.

Yet this is what you're doing. If you want an application to be
renamed, you'd better make sure that you can actually come up with a
good name, and argue why it is an insurmountable problem to call the
package "gnome-games-app" or similar in your distribution.

gnome-games has been called gnome-games for 2 years. It uses the gnome-
games list for communication, it uses the gnome-games bugzilla, it uses
the gnome-games git repo.

If you want the name to be changed, you'd better start arguing why. So
far, it's just a packaging problem, as you already have the discovery
problem with other core gnome applications ("apt-get install gnome-
videos gnome-web" ?)