Re: GNOME Games source name

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 13:03 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
gnome-games package in your distribution "gnome-games-app". There's
already prior art in that case with epiphany, the web browser vs.
the
game.

Right, I hope we don't repeat that mistake. That name conflict is
rather painful and confusing.
Let's not repeat that if we can avoid it.

Reading gnome-games, I expect a collection of games, thh.

And for gnome-photos you expect a collection of photos?

 Given
Adrien's explanations, I think gnome-game-manager or gnome-video-
games
would be much more suitable.

The application is part of the "Finding and Reminding" collection of
applications for GNOME. It would appear as "Games" in GNOME. Once you
namespace it, it's gnome-games.

Call the package what you want, it doesn't matter, users should be able
to install this application through Software.

Or, even better, distributors would ship it in Games, and point towards
the Games section of Software when you have no games installed.