Re: Multi DPI user interface

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Jonas Ådahl <jadahl gmail com> wrote:

In short, don't bake the end-user application design choices into the
API for this.

Right. My opinion is that any D-Bus API should treat monitors
separately, letting the usage of that API deal with composition. I think
it'd make sense to still use pinos for all future, be it raw or
whatever, inter process picture passing, even for single frames. That
way we'll have a single path for all those things, where we can do
things like format negotiation and meta data passing.

This all sounds good to me for a new api.

I think we should perhaps try to keep the existing
'give-me-a-png-file' screenshot api working, since it has a number of
users. E.g. the gimp is using it now to get screenshots under wayland.