Re: Build sheriffs for GNOME

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 13:32 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
Ah, yeah, we should not be reverting entire large sequences of
commits... I agree that would be excessive. In cases like this, we
can
tag your module in Continuous and branch it in jhbuild, until other
modules have caught up with your API changes. Build sheriffs should
try
the least-disruptive option possible to get things fixed.

We could also keep a list of maintainers who request that we not touch
their modules directly, so we know to branch and tag your module when
something breaks instead of committing to it directly. I suspect not
many maintainers will opt-in to this, but you've made it clear there is
demand!

Michael