Re: Build sheriffs for GNOME

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 09:25 -0800, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
It's more frequent than you might think.

In the past week, alone, we've had to tag glib, gnome-calculator,
e-d-s, gstreamer, and more, all because of broken builds. Take a look
at how busy gnome-continuous is as a project:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-continuous/log/

Absolutely. I should be more clear: it doesn't happen so often for any
PARTICULAR module, so the git history of any particular module is not
likely to get polluted by many revert commits. (And even if it does --
so what if your history doesn't look quite as nice as you'd like.) But
it happens a LOT for GNOME as a whole, and it's a big problem, which is
why I'm so supportive of Emmanuele's plan.