Re: GTK+ plans for 3.22

On 26 April 2016 at 21:14, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
The main consumer is GTK itself; the idea is to have GTK render to Cairo surface, as it does now, and then blend/blit with OpenGL (or OpenGL ES). In the future we want to move to a model where we do most of the rendering on GL itself, a la Servo.

Is this going to be opt in, or is GL going to be a hard dependency for GTK+ in the future (and what sort of time line are we talking here).

Ross