Re: Current status of the GNOME Github mirror

On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 09:46 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Indeed. Getting notifications of open pull requests to the
maintainers listed in the DOAP file would also be good, so each
maintainer can decide whether or not to integrate one or just direct.

        Hi,
please do not do this by default. I do not have any Github account,
neither I'm planning to have any anytime soon. I prefer the GNOME way,
not the Github way.

If Github mirrors are getting so much trouble, why not kill them once
for ever? It was a surprise to get the mirror on Github the months
back for me, and if it doesn't work even now, then maybe the idea of
the mirrors wasn't the best and might be reverted.

It feels odd to have any Github specific files in the GNOME
repositories of the GNOME projects too. Aka if you want to setup
Github, then setup it in Github, not in GNOME. (Yeah, I know the
meaning of the 'mirror' word.)

Just my opinion.
        Bye,
        Milan