Re: help needed for OSK layout files

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 15:46 +0530, anish patil wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Mathieu Bridon
<bochecha fedoraproject org> wrote:
        >Would it make sense to add Caribou layouts for input methods?

        >For example, the Cangjie input method uses the en_US layout.
        However, it
        >associates a Chinese radical to each Latin letter on the
        en_US layout.

        >We can't do that with physical keyboards, but with an OSK, it
        could be
        >nice to display not the Latin letters in such a case, but
        instead the
        >Chinese radicals associated to each?

I am not sure that is would be possible or not, because we have more
than 2500 Chinese characters and in some cases users forms complex
Chinese characters with combination of other characters.

I know.

That's why I was talking about a specific example (Cangjie), where each
key has a specific character associated to it.

Combinations of characters are a second thing, which is already handled
by the rest of the stack (IBus, engines, GNOME Shell to display the
candidates popup and the preedit/auxiliary texts,...)

--
Mathieu