Future of libRSVG

Hello Gnomers and especially ChPe!

The front page of the libRSVG project¹ guided me to this mailing list. I'm searching for information about the future of libRSVG. Background of my interrest is that I'm a volunteering author of german languaged Wikipedia. The software MediaWiki used for reading and editing Wikipedia with your web browser requires² libRSVG to convert SVG vector graphics to browser friendly PNG.

¹ https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/LibRsvg?action=show&redirect=LibRsvg
² https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:SVG

As libRSVG is missing some major features defined by SVG standard there are some anoying pitfalls. Here I'm asking for a statement what you are planning to do about libRSVG. And from the point of view of a Wikipedia volunteer, what might be done to improve this situation.

(I'll reference this thread for discussions on Wikipedia)

Greetings.
Menner - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Menner