Re: Bugzilla upgrade to release 4.4.6 - Testing needed

And two more details I missed:

---
How can I login?
---

If you didn't change your password between today and the 2014-12-08,
your login will succeed by using the same login information as
bugzilla.gnome.org.

---
Can I update bugs without annoying people with e-mail notifications?
---

Yes, you can. Currently e-mail notifications are disabled from the
test instance so no one is going to receive a single notification from
your actions. The database in use will be trashed when the testing
week will end and the move to production will take place.

cheers,

Hi there!

I'm so glad to announce we made a tremendous jump ahead of having our
Bugzilla istance upgraded to the latest stable release being 4.4.6.

Thanks to the hard job of Krzesimir Nowak who spent the last few
months migrating our customizations to the new codebase and to Olav
Vitters who started the process a while back we are ready to announce
the availability of a test istance based on Bugzilla 4.4.6 with all
the customizations we have in place at bugzilla.gnome.org.

Although have tested and are not aware of any blockers are still
around to justify delaying the upgrade even longer we thought it was
the case to give everyone a week for testing all the new features and
GNOME customizations, specifically we would love receiving intensive
testing on the following features:

1. Git-bz
2. Patch statuses extension (i.e [1])
3. Splinter

---
Warnings:
---

Playing with patch statuses or attachments themselves will result in
an ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error which you can safely mark as
safe and keep browsing the page you were looking for. The error will
go away when we'll switch the SSL certificates to the ones we have in
production. (the error is currently there as our proxies do have a
wildcard certificate for the gnome.org domain which will only cover
third-level subdomains and result in an error when used on
fourth-level subdomains like in this case
(bug%bugid.bugzilla-test-attachments.gnome.org))

If you'll be looking at [2] you'll see no weekly bug summary has been
published, collectstats has run et all but the dump we used is around
one month old so no, no stats are expected to be there on purpose. The
weekly-bug-summary however supports the use of the "days" URL
parameter. [3]

---
Where is the test istance located?
---

The test istance is located at https://bugzilla-test.gnome.org. The
database is hosted on the same machine with all the limitations this
may have, please don't overload the machine with huge queries.

---
How do I report a bug I found?
---

Please report all bugs at [4] making sure a [4.4] prefix is appended
before the summary text

---
How long will you keep the testing istance up before upgrading the
production database?
---

The testing istance will be kept up from today 15th to the 22th of
January, so exactly one week from today. After this period if no
blocker bugs have been reported bugzilla.gnome.org will be undergoing
a 36 to 48 hours maintenance and the production database will be
upgraded.

[1] https://bugzilla-test.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=201923&action=edit
[2] https://bugzilla-test.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
[3] https://bugzilla-test.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html&days=60
[4] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=bugzilla.gnome.org&short_desc=%5B4.4%5D%20

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av