Re: Killing off UNCONFIRMED in Bugzilla (renaming status names)

On 14/02/15 20:50, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 21:43 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
BTW since 4.0 the new default workflow in bugzilla starts with
UNCONFIRMED → CONFIRMED. This can be useful for those that keep
UNCONFIRMED because sometimes reporters misinterpret NEW as "not
touched yet".

Renaming the default status names in upstream made sense.

For existing instances it breaks any bookmarks in your browser for
search queries using URL parameters like "&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED".
To me that is enough reason to be reluctant.

andre

PS: There is some undocumented alias feature in Bugzilla (no idea if it
works with URL parameters) if anyone wants to play with that:
http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/4.4/view/head:/template/en/default/global/value-descs.none.tmpl

If the alias feature ends up working, I'd like to add my 2cents here:

For projects that opt-out, IMO the statuses should be UNCONFIRMED->CONFIRMED, as other developer has already suggested.

For the rest, the status "NEW" should really be renamed to "OPEN". NEW has always had a horrible name, why NEW and not OLD? It's kinda confusing (for newcomers) too that oldest open bugs are still in "NEW" state.

Thanks