Re: Canonical jhbuild documentation

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Problem: we have many pages on jhbuild documentation

Let's list them:
1. https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Jhbuild
2. https://developer.gnome.org/jhbuild/unstable/
3. https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/BuildGnome
4. https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/JhbuildIntroduction
5. https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/Jhbuild

Seems like you should talk this through with Carlos and Ryan - they're
the effective maintainers of the wiki pages in question. I know that
Carlos is keen to reduce the amount of duplication.

People will always come across the official manual on
developer.gnome.org, since this ranks highly in search results. So, if
you really want people to easily find the introductory documentation,
it will have to live as a part of the official manual. I get the
impression that there has been resistance to this in the past, due to
the desire to keep Jhbuild as a somewhat generic tool. However, I
don't see how the two use cases (Jhbuild for new GNOME contributors,
and Jhbuild for everyone else) couldn't be satisfied by structuring
the manual according to audience.

Allan