Re: Death of gnome-common

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 08:06:15PM +0900, Daiki Ueno wrote:
Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> writes:

I've migrated GtkSourceView, and now when running autogen.sh I see those
messages:

    + glib-gettextize --force --copy
    Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

    Please add the files
      codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
      progtest.m4
    from the /home/seb/jhbuild/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
    or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
    You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Is it normal? We don't want to add those m4 files on git. For
autoconf-archive macros, we have chosen the preferred option, i.e.
adding a dependency on autoconf-archive instead of copying the macros.
So for gettext we want to do the same.

Since those files are not used by glib-gettextize nor glib-gettext.m4, I
suppose you can simply ignore the message.

The m4 files except gettext.m4 were needed to compile bundled libintl,
which glib-gettextize abandoned long ago, and gettext.m4 only defines
AM_GNU_GETTEXT_*, which are not invoked when glib-gettext.m4 is used.

Ok thanks.

--
Sébastien