Re: new maintainer for gnome-dictionary?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 08:59 +0200, Juan Rafael García Blanco wrote:
> I dare to propose myself for maintainer. I have almost no experience
> in maintenance (I maintain libchamplainmm, which doesn't count);

Looks like you already have a git account and know how to handle
releases, and have also developed a fairly complex GNOMEy app (even if
it is a port), which is more than enough experience to handle
gnome-dictionary. As long as you don't make it orange [1] or remove the
ability to look up words, then we're good. Do you want to make a 3.14.1
release this weekend [2], to pick up the translation updates and the
sidebar fix?

Let me know if you have any questions.

There is an implicit agreement that you will follow the GNOME release cycle as well.

sri

Michael

[1] https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/calculator-orange/
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Schedule