Re: session-manager fails to recognize inhibitor

Am 05.10.2014 22:57, schrieb Florian Müllner:
On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Jan Niggemann <jn hz6 de> wrote:
My problem is that the inhibition and the "reason" are not shown during log
out on GNOME 3.4 (Debian stable 32bit). Why is that?

Most likely because your console application does not have access to
the same session bus used by gnome-session.
I verified the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS of GNOME applications and my python test running in a GNOME terminal. To do this, I checked /proc/pid/environ of both: They are identical, so I guess the session bus I'm using is the correct one.

But on the other hand, if gedit has unsaved data, GetInhibitors() on said address doesn't return anything, not even the instance of GEdit.

I begin to think that "gtk_application_inhibit ()" doesn't, like I thought, simply register the inhibitor on the dbus session...