Re: Coordination for developer documentations

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
The issue seems to be that people show up, write a bunch of tutorials, docs,
build a website, and then never finish it. They just leave and we're left
with a half-finished developer docs site.

This is very true and I have pointed this out from time to time.

Usually, the tutorials that these guys write end up not compiling or running
in newer versions of the GNOME development stack. So, we need to be testing
them better.

We've spun up a QA Team, this could be one of those things to test as
part of the release.  Some of it can be automated, some of those could
be hand tested, it all depends.  The QA team will be an excellent
place for new contributors to start since hte barrier of entry is
quite low.

The release team could then decide the quality of the release based on
whether everything is working including tutorials as part of it's
purview of readying a release.

Having such tutorials somewhere in some git repo so they can be easily
tested would be a huge help.

Could be part of gnome-continuous.  I think Colin talked about it as
well and that it could be easily done.

Matthias's "application1-10" he did for the last GUADEC were excellent, but
they're not quite "beginner" enough.

The more the merrier.

While I'd love to step up and do this, I'm remarkably busy as a person, and
honestly, most of my free time is actually playing around with the web
technology stack, not ours. It's a lot more exciting, and has a lot more
fast-developing and approachable features.

Just had to throw that out there, didn't you? :D  You should look at
https://crosswalk-project.org/.

sri