Re: Portals and Sandboxing

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 10:16 -0800, Michael Hill wrote:
Hi Ikey,

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014, at 07:22 AM, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:

as an ahead of time compiler, etc. Currently JavaScript is named as the
primary language, though it has "problems", in which case Vala is used.
Should be one or the other.

My understanding is the designation of JavaScript (at last year's DX
Hackfest) was for the purpose of focusing the effort to document the
answer to the question "how do I write a GNOME app?" GNOME does not have
an official or preferred language, except for C.

Mike
Thank you for the clarification. I do believe the GNOME wiki and various
sites could do with updating and being more informative. I lose count of
how many times I'm sent to broken/dead/deleted links.

- Ikey

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47