Re: PSA: Accessibility in a menubar-less design

On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 08:48 -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
The current feedback from the design team is to not set a tooltip for
the cog menu button, but it would be great to have general guidelines
for this pattern, including what to put in the atk labels.

I'm okay with there being no tooltip. As for the accessible name, I
personally think it should match whatever word(s) we use to describe it
when talking about it (to end users) and in documentation. In other
words, if you wanted me to click on that thing, you'd probably tell me
something like, "Click on the foo button." In which case the accessible
name should be "foo."

Funny. The docs team always says that what we call it should match its
accessible name. Somebody's going to have to decide what to call the
thing. We haven't been able to make a decision.

--
Shaun