PSA: Accessibility in a menubar-less design

Hey all.

I just fired up Gedit and noticed the menubar is gone. I'm guessing we
will start to see more and more apps move in this direction, so a couple
things I would ask app developers and designers to consider:

1. There should be an intuitive, consistent, immediate way to jump to
   the widgets that live in the header bar. I think this shortcut should
   move to the first of the widgets. I'd like to toss out F10 for
   consideration since that's what tends to work in menubar-possessing
   apps. But I'm not wedded to that idea, as long as we can agree upon,
   implement, and document that shortcut.

   Related: IMHO Ctrl+Shift+Tab, which got me from the Gedit Text View
   to the last focusable widget, is not a good candidate to address this
   need.

2. Focusable widgets should have meaningful accessible names. The cog
   menu in Gedit's name is "Menu." "Menu" is also the name of the
   drop-down-opening "v" widget to the right of the "Open" button.
   It would be great to have a short, but more informative and
   sufficiently unique, name for each.

   Related 1: You can see the accessible names of your widgets via the
   tree on the left in Accerciser.

   Related 2: Accerciser was pretty broken, but Javi fixed the more
   critical of those bugs in master.

Thanks guys!!
--joanie