Status of GNOME OS

As many of you remember the idea about GNOME OS was introduced in a presentation at GUADEC 2012 by Xan Lopez and Juan Jose Sanchez. The "plan" stated to have a first release of GNOME OS released March this year [1, 2]. Things did maybe did not turn out as planned but I would want to ask the question of what folks thinks about the GNOME OS initiative today.

What parts of the initiative are working, should we try to make a new stronger commitment to the original ideas or are we happy with the situation today as described on the wiki [2] ?

1 http://www.slideshare.net/juanjosanchezpenas/brightfuture-gnome
2 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-os-list/2012-August/msg00002.html
3 https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeOS/
--