Re: Opening the 3.12 cycle

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Andy Tai <atai gnu org> wrote:
what would this mean for systems not using systemd?

Systems not using systemd already fall back to ConsoleKit, which does not have any maintainer. We don't support features like suspend or hibernate on ConsoleKit anymore and it's pretty much on life support only at this point.

For 3.12, we will keep the old gnome-session and gdm code that uses ConsoleKit and fork/exec ourselves in the case where you compile without logind support, but I wouldn't expect it to be around much longer.

Do you have any specific examples of systems not using systemd that you would like to run GNOME on?