Re: Porting GNOME to Wayland

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:

Hi, just to clarify: For 3.12, you would like to drop support for
running gnome-shell or mutter on X directly and only support Wayland?
I understand that X apps will still run on top of GNOME Shell on
Wayland.

I'm not sure that we should drop it too eagerly...there's bound to be
some problems with Wayland in some situations, so will be nice to have
X to fall back on for a while. But we should avoid X becoming the new
fallback mode, where we are permanently stuck with supporting two code
paths for everything.