Re: gnome-Session

On 27/01/13 01:12, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
On 26 January 2013 18:30, Lanoxx <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
Also there is no man page for gnome-wm what does it do?
gnome-wm is a Debian-specific modification to allow users to easily
use a different window manager with GNOME 2 or GNOME Fallback:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-gnome/desktop/unstable/gnome-session/debian/scripts/gnome-wm?view=markup
Thanks. My bash skills are not that good, but if I see that right, then line 33 is only executed if none of the programs in the list of "metacity mutter sawfish" was found, right? Wouldnt it make more sense to first check the update alternatives system and if no suitable window manager is found, then check for metacity mutter or sawfish explicitly?

Lanoxx

Jeremy