Re: Announcement/RFC: jhbuild continuous integration testing -- mystery of recent flood of failures solved

Hello Travis,

Travis Reitter [2013-02-17 23:04 -0800]:
(/home/ubuntu/gnome/checkout/folks/tests/eds/.libs/lt-persona-store-tests:100517): CRITICAL **:
backend.vala:140: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources1:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
/home/ubuntu/gnome/packages/libexec/evolution-source-registry exited with status 1

But it also looks like it could be related to the structure of the
buildbot environment. Is there any way I could debug this further?

This might or might not provide a first clue:

$ xvfb-run jhbuild run /home/ubuntu/gnome/packages/libexec/evolution-source-registry
Migrating mail accounts from GConf...
Migrating addressbook sources from GConf...
Migrating calendar sources from GConf...
Migrating task list sources from GConf...
Migrating memo list sources from GConf...
Registering EGoogleBackendFactory ('google')
Registering EOwncloudBackendFactory ('owncloud')
Registering EYahooBackendFactory ('yahoo')
Registering ECollectionBackendFactory ('none')
/home/ubuntu/.config/evolution/sources: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

... and then aborts.

Please note that there is no system D-BUS and no default session D-BUS
running. If you need those, then the tests should start dbus-launch or
use GTestDBus.

I'm happy to log into the build box and run debugging commands for you
or Matthew. Probably best to catch me on IRC? I'm "pitti" on both
GNOME (#gnome-hackers) and Freenode (#ubuntu-qa or #ubuntu-devel).

Thanks!

Martin