Re: Feature proposal: combined system status menu

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 12:22 +0200, Florian Müllner wrote:

> First: If we are actually ready to roll out ostree images, that's
> awesome news!

Depends who the audience is...no security updates and you need to build
applications from source.  But if you want to see GNOME as it is a few
minutes or less after commits to git master, then yes.

That's good enough in my estimation.  It's not meant to be a full service distro.  As long as the core apps are there I think we should be fine.  Combined that with bugzilla tag and we should be good to go.

Personally though I don't think it's that big of a deal to push things
to git master...it's not usually that hard to revert if things don't
work out.

Well in this case you're reverting a UI workflows, it's best not to bounce around work flows honestly.  You should consider UI like you would API and ABI once it's in, you don't want to be changing them again without a good reason.  So it's important that we get it right the first time.

Unless of course, you want to tell people that things will be in flux till release 3.xx and they should expect changes in the design.

sri