Re: loomio

On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 22:08 +0100, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
So you want to have random people suddenly join, be of the decision and
        have equal say? I find that a little bit weird.

As opposed to the method that we have now which is..?

(I cannot speak for all teams, as I'm not in all teams.
Anybody feel free to correct me please.)

Most teams have meetings sometimes, mostly IRC based (though some also
have phone or Google Hangouts as far as I know).
Except for board and release-team, team membership is not exclusive /
defined, and (except for board) meetings are public. Newcomers and
lurkers are welcome to meetings and to provide input to influence
decisions, but when it comes to "hard" voting (if decision making
process is not consense-based) I'd expect only "established" people to
feel like taking part anyway, or at least expect their votes to have way
more weight. In the end that's how I understand meritocracy.

Also see section "5.5.2 Community" of
http://www.dgsiegel.net/foss-development-processes

andre
--