Re: loomio

If we all always thought and decided on things the way you suggest, then
nothing would ever change.

It's not a big secret that tools like wikis and mailing lists are very
general-purpose and the reason they're used so widely is that creating
tools for specific tasks is a very difficult task. Even professional and
proprietary getting-things-done tools are not that widely used, because
making them serve the purpose is difficult.

I agree the ease of use, years of proven success and
general-purpose-ness of IRC, mailing lists and wikis make them very
useful, but clearly it's possible to have even better tools.

And one day I discover loomio. It's not project management, but
collaborative decision making can definitely benefit from it, and
provide by far more than any mailing list can.

So I'm not attacking the relevance of existing tools. I'm suggesting a
tool which may be better for some use cases. Maybe it can, maybe it
can't, but don't judge so quickly.