[OT] Re: [Fwd: Re: Two 3.10 feature ideas]

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 01:46 +0300, אנטולי קרסנר wrote:
Fact: many of them know it's bad. Fact: it
doesn't make them stop using it. Fact: if Gnome is good enough without
Facebook, it can help them stop using it. Fact: it supplies integration
and GOA accounts, thus the users remain addicted.

Fact: many people are addicted to the internet. If GNOME did not provide
a browser or even internet connectivity, GNOME could help them stop
using the internet.

So I've seen the "This Free and Open Source Project should educate its
users about non-free services!" opinion across several FOSS projects I
am/was involved in. "Make it harder for users to use non-free but
convenient services" is a great way to decrease your userbase, but
providing *better* services than the non-free ones and competing on the
market might be more sustainable. I won't stop you from doing that.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/