Re: Recommended office suite?

Jeremy Bitcha said[1] that they will not include documtents in ubuntu-gnome as it depends on libreoffice. He later said that the way it is packaged right now in debian/ubuntu. I guess he is talking that comment.

Anyways they are including mostly repo versions of gnome (nautilus 3.4, totem 3.4, shell 3.4, etc.). So nothing exciting for gonme fans, I guess.

1: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12188416&postcount=35&highlight=documents

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
> I'm also under the impression that there are a lot of support
> for LibreOffice in the Gnome community, and I was told that "Documents" has
> a dependency on it (causing Documents not to be included in the Gnome
> Ubuntu flavor).

Interesting. Documents, as a core app, is much more fundamental to GNOME than
the whole Abiword/Gnumeric vs. LibreOffice issue.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If you break down the amazement with some simple rules it's only
disappointment which is underneath.  -- Vivek Shah