Re: 3.8 "feature": Drop or Fix Fallback Mode

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

with each GNOME 3. Another was shipping more GNOME 3 beta updates to
extension community members so they can update their extensions,
hopefully in time, because as was pointed out, our developer story is
lacking there.

Some of this could be mitigated if we always had a minimal distro that followed GNOME git  that we can constantly develop against.  Developing extensions isn't quite the same as developing applications as we are constantly following gnome-shell development especially as it opens up more capabilities that extension writers want to use.

Having regular working builds would be a big step forward in making sure that we have 3.8 extensions at the time of release.

Extensions are great, but suck when they aren't updated.  I'm pretty guilty of that myself as I didn't update my extension till a couple of months after the release.

sri