Re: Dropping fallback mode in 3.8

> How could GNOME encourage decent drivers? Have the GNOME foundation ask
> the company? Go via Linux Foundation? Maybe some kind of request? Would
> throwing money at it help (how much?)?

I am not that sure. The business and politics of graphics controllers is
a good deal bigger and more complicated than Gnome. I'm hoping
Valve/Steam has an impact.

There are obvious things like buying hardware that is properly
supported, and filing bug reports. However I think most people who care
enough are already doing that.

In addition telling people what hardware is known to work with free
drivers and is good is always going to be helpful. Especially as much of
the hardware which will do the job is very cheap anyway. On laptops and
tablets however you tend to be stuck with buying the right device.

Alan