Re: Dropping fallback mode in 3.8

> GNOME shell should work on any graphics card 5 years or older.  We should
> have good data backing this up as I know that Fedora has done QA on a
> number of hardware to test gnome-shell in order to know what hardware
> profiles shell will work on.

Its passably usable (lot of laggy movement) on a dirt cheap ATI 54x0
driving three monitors with 1080p. With a single monitor configuration
I'm sure it would be fine. Ditto with single/dual on most intel setups.

Equally its near unusable on a brand new netbook which has Imagination
graphics and a relatively low end CPU.

LLVMpipe only seems to really be usable if you have a decent processor and
a lot of memory bandwidth to the video

Alan