Re: Fallback mode is going away - what now ?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

> to be fair, I'd envision this as a completely separate session that
> you need to install and select, similar to what Ubuntu does —
> especially if we want to call it "GNOME Classic".

I don't think a separate session will work very well for this - for
one thing, setting this up will require a number of settings to be
tweaked (e.g. the one for the minimize button), and alternative
sessions don't have the right infrastructure for that. The session
chooser on the login screen is not the best designed part of the login
experience either. And finally, if Ubuntu calls their pristine GNOME3
session 'GNOME Classic', what would we call this one, "GNOME Classic
Plus" ?!