Re: GnomeGoal for 3.8: DesktopFileKeywords

On 14 November 2012 19:05, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
> On 4 November 2012 22:22, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>> We've had good success with 'adopting' a few GnomeGoals[1] as official
>> targets for 3.6, and we want to repeat this for 3.8.
>>
>> And here are new goals that we want to tackle this cycle:
>>
>> DesktopFileKeywords - add a Keywords field to desktop files, to
>> improve gnome-shell search for applications. This goal doesn't require
>> any programming skills.

And one more suggestion: should GNOME Shell look at the Categories
field too? Specifically, typing in "game" doesn't really return
results now, even though the Games menu heading has several games
installed. Since most games available are not GNOME games, it may take
us a while before developers think about adding the Keywords field.

Jeremy