Re: GNOME Games split

On 17 October 2012 21:08, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:and thus easiest
> So, I think we should decide based on the following:
> - A range of games that cover easy games that children can play to
> difficult puzzles suitable for adults.
> - Games that are modern and fun
> - A small enough set that can be effectively maintained and improved
> to keep standard high
> - A small enough set that can be effectively browsed from the shell

When I looked at this last, I came up with the shortlist of aisleriot,
sudoku, iagno and tetravex. These seem to cover the categories you
describe above. They also have concepts that are clear and easy to
pick up. While people might like mines, I don't think it makes a good
default game: it seems rather archaic.

 I guess this needs to be finished - I say since no opposition then just let the design team (i.e. Allan) here decide. I would suggest reconsidering mahjongg, imo it's one of the nicer looking games and it plays the best on touch devices. Thomas - do you want to update jhbuild?