Re: Feature Proposal: finding and rediscovering shared links

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 14:13 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 15:48 +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:
>
> > Back when I was working on Gossip, I had a "links" tab in the chat
> > log/history for exactly this reason. I frequently dig out old links.
> >
> > The most important things are:
> >
> >   - The link
> >   - Who sent it
> >   - What medium
> >   - When
>
> I would find this REALLY useful!

For me, something mining the chat logs for links would be absolutely
useless. My shared links come from Facebook, Twitter or IRC.

Whatever system we use, we'd need to be able to remember attribution:
http://getpocket.com/blog/2011/02/version-2-4-for-ios-login-support-tweet-attribution-and-more/

> I have a "To read" bookmarks folder in Firefox, which is full of crap
> which I haven't bothered to delete after viewing.

http://getpocket.com

Or Instapaper.

>   It's just so much
> work to maintain such a list by hand that I don't bother.  And yet,
> there are interesting things there, which would be much more useful if
> they had information of how I had acquired them - who sent them to me,
> etc.
>
> +1 for this feature.

It needs to also remember which "post" the link was sent in so I can
attribute or comment properly.