Re: Design in the open

Il giorno 30/apr/2012 17:36, "Bastien Nocera" <hadess hadess net> ha scritto:

> >    * will be developed inside totem source tree (replacing?)
> Yes. I think both the feature page and the mail to this list made it
> pretty clear, even if glibly.

To be honest not so clear, at least to me. And to be honest it's your
duty, as the one proposing the new feature, to provide all relevant
info.

It was just an example of incomplete explanations, from both designer
and/or developers.

> > I don't want and I don't have time and resources to help you with
> > design or code writing. But I'm involved in this change and I feel I
> > need more info[1]. And developers will need r-t approval before
> > proceding with this change.
>
> Not wishing to diminish the role of the release-team, but if you expect
> being able to block Totem/Videos from 3.6 when both the developers and
> the designers agree it's the way forward, I think you're very mistaken.

Sorry, bad phrase from me. It was: the GNOME community should agree on
proposed feature and r-t will have to check if new code will be ready
or not before .0 release.

However, sorry if I'm going to be rude, maybe you are the one that
mistook the proposal phase. Reading your words it seems you was just
informing us about your future plan about Totem: no objections, no
questions, no further explanations, no discussions.
As Shaun pointed out in him reply, you can do whatever you want with
your code, but in order to be part of GNOME you need community
consesus on proposed feature and "techinical" agreement on code
maturity. Do we all want Videos in GNOME? I think yes, it's a nice UI.
Do we all want to remove the standard multimedia player (video files,
audio files, DVD, CD...) from desktop? I'm not so sure I can agree we
have to do here and now.