Re: Last GNOME 3.4 Blocker Report

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 21:27 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 18:04 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> > We do you push it so hard to avoid the term "browser"? Browser has
> > been used by non-tech people for a couple of years now.
>
> Because most people do not know what a browser is.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ
>
> I normally prefer to say "the application that displays web pages" when
> talking to non-tech people.

Yeah, but how many of those people are going to go to an About
dialog. And if they do, are they really going to be any less
confused by "The GNOME Web developers"? That sounds to me like
the people who work on gnome.org. I wouldn't count on a stray
capital letter to convey semantic information.

--
Shaun