Re: Last GNOME 3.4 Blocker Report
- From: Xan Lopez <xan gnome org>
- To: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
- Cc: distributor-list gnome org, gnome-bugsquad <gnome-bugsquad gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Last GNOME 3.4 Blocker Report
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:54:19 +0100
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> There are still references to the "GNOME web browser" on translations
> Would require string freeze breaks.
After grepping this seems to happen in:
- A couple of places in the License section in About:
- the .pc file.
I don't think this is a 3.4 blocker, unless it's somewhat critical
that the license says "GNOME Web Browser". I don't think it is since
already before our "name" was Epiphany and we didn't use that there,
so we have been inconsistent for a while.
Someone also complained that saying "The Web developers" in our About
copyright section is potentially confusing, which I think is a fair
point (see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=671831). I think
changing that to say "The GNOME Web developers" might be worth of the
string break, but not for the rest.
] [Thread Prev