Re: Again: please clarify the decision on IBus integration

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 13:06 +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Matthias Clasen
>> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

>> > Aron, threatening to 'revert any commit' in modules that you don't
>> > maintain is not a great way to reach agreement.
>> >
>> > I can't give you the 'official' decision that you want, but I am still
>> > very much planning to go ahead with the IBus integration for 3.6. The
>> > work is being done carefully. Rui has accumulated quite a few patches,
>> > and we are waiting for some fixes on the IBus side before landing
>> > them.
>> >
>> > As for complaints, I expect that we will get some feedback when the
>> > integration has actually landed...when people have a chance to try it
>> > out. I hope you will, too. When you do, keep in mind that this work is
>> > still very new and may need a while to mature and reach its full
>> > potential.
>>
>> OK, I get the point: users' opinion worth nothing when "design" said
>> something is good, even there are significant disagreements flow into
>> mailing list, even when you don't use it anyhow. It's completely
>> frustrating and I won't revert anything as you said it was
>> "threatening".
>
> Did you bring any concern during GNOME.Asia?  There were designers
> attending there.  That seemed to be a good opportunity to talk face to
> face, show in practice the issues, etc.

I was a speaker talking about Chinese localization and input method
support, but I failed to get the oppurtunity to talk directly to him
just because he (if not they, I only know Alan) was just two busy at
the venue. Actually we had a lot of talks about input method during
GNOME Asia, but it seems have no effect on this very item either,
unfortunately.

> In order to keep the discussion healthy, it is important to keep in mind
> people mean well for discussion as our Code of Conduct says
> (https://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct)

I'm aware that this CoC will be raised before I start posting. AFAIK, please:
 * be respectful and considerate: when users disagree, please don't be ignorant.
 * be patient and generous: don't try to push something hard when
design said yes but users said no.
 * assume people mean well: don't use CoC to "threat" people when you
see someone is intensely disagreeing.
 * try to be concise: yes, you are concise and this phrase has nothing
to do here.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu