Re: Again: please clarify the decision on IBus integration

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Aron Xu <aronxu gnome org> wrote:
>
>> I would like to get your clarification about what's your decision on
>> IBus integration because all of us haven't reached to an agreement on
>> the whole thing. While I feel that you'll do it regardless of
>> complaints from users when reading the Wiki page, which explicitly
>> emphasis the opinions from foreign developers who doesn't use input
>> method at all. This can be frustrating and I'd like to eliminate it,
>> so if I get no certain response in a reasonable time frame, I'll
>> assume that no one is able to speak up about the decision and it's
>> automatically become a not-for-3.6 thing, then I'll revert any commit
>> causing input method related behavior change that are not agreed here.
>
> Aron, threatening to 'revert any commit' in modules that you don't
> maintain is not a great way to reach agreement.
>
> I can't give you the 'official' decision that you want, but I am still
> very much planning to go ahead with the IBus integration for 3.6. The
> work is being done carefully. Rui has accumulated quite a few patches,
> and we are waiting for some fixes on the IBus side before landing
> them.
>
> As for complaints, I expect that we will get some feedback when the
> integration has actually landed...when people have a chance to try it
> out. I hope you will, too. When you do, keep in mind that this work is
> still very new and may need a while to mature and reach its full
> potential.

OK, I get the point: users' opinion worth nothing when "design" said
something is good, even there are significant disagreements flow into
mailing list, even when you don't use it anyhow. It's completely
frustrating and I won't revert anything as you said it was
"threatening".

--
Regards,
Aron Xu