--enable-systemd and sysvinit fallback (was: datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism)

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 03:31:29PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 03:03:36PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Another systemd-related change was already mentioned earlier: the
> > new --enable-systemd configure flag that removes ConsoleKit support when
> > it's used.  It cannot really be used for openSUSE (and Mageia, I'd say).
> > I want to thank Matthias for his extra effort of reworking the
> > gnome-session patch after my concern, though.
>
> I have notified Mageia of --enable-systemd a while ago, but didn't
> discuss it yet. I know Mageia will be full systemd only in version 3,
> but not sure regarding version 2.
>
> I haven't made my mind up regarding version 2, perhaps easier to just
> rely on ConsoleKit in v2, then --enable-systemd in version 3. Leaning to
> not think and fully let the other people at Mageia investigate.

I've sent a mail (perhaps badly summarized the status) to Mageia, and
outcome is that we'll not use --enable-systemd during Mageia 2.

What will openSUSE do? This so I can write a proper announcement to
distributor-list :)

btw, I made a tracker bug with systemd tarball related bugs (so also the
API reliance of those daemons in systemd):
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/systemd

--
Regards,
Olav