Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

Am 20. Januar 2012 17:50 schrieb Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 10:29 -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> <snip>
>> > and get them to package up the missing
>> > bits. An afternoon's work, and no need to scream bloody murder.
>>
>> As mentioned above -- Lennart has no intention of making it easy to use
>> his code outside of systemd (and I don't blame him).  This is not a
>> matter of some simple packaging -- more like reimplementing a D-Bus
>> interface in a new code base (which could originally be copied out of
>> systemd, but then would have to be maintained separately).  This is not
>> an afternoon's work.
>
> In about 40 minutes, I created a binary RPM[1] that contains the 3
> services we care about in GNOME from the systemd Fedora package. I
> believe you do something similar.

It's unfortunately not as simple as that as far as Debian is concerned
or any other non-Linux distro. systemd is Linux-only. The
aforementioned components timedated, hostnamed and localed can't be
compiled on non-Linux systems.

universe are pointed away from Earth?