Re: Bugzilla upgrade? [was: Re: GNOME Bugmail: Gmail threading finally working!]

And the link:

[1] http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/upgrade.html

2012/12/12 Andrea Veri <av gnome org>
Thanks for bringing this up Andre. I can try to work on the upgrade but I never touched Bugzilla before since Olav was used to manage it. I've searched around for the upgrade documentation [1] and it doesn't look like an hard operation. We should probably wait for Olav to provide some more details about the modifications that GNOME made to customize our installation, that might be the only bottleneck for a possible upgrade.

But let's keep all the ports open, having someone to assist me during the operations will definitely speed everything up for this matter.

2012/12/12 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 16:06 +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
> This was just a temporary measure until we upgrade our Bugzilla to the 4.2
> release.

Which brings us to the bigger question how to get GNOME Bugzilla from
3.4 to 4.2. I don't even know if somebody cares to check and backports
security upgrades to GNOME Bugzilla.
IIRC, when upgrading from 2.20 to 3.4 we received gracious sponsoring by
Canonical to pay Max for this task.
If nobody has plans to try, this might be something to defer to the
foundation board in order to organize sponsoring?

I guess I don't need to copy and paste all improvements from the last
three upstream release notes to explain why I push for upgrading.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/