Re: Support both gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 for GNOME 3.6?

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 12:12 +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 04:45:14PM +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> >> I think gnome-media should be moved to a deprecated read-only
> >> directory (or something similar), and we focus on Florent effort to
> >> build a better recorder for gnome. But I can imagine some people would
> >> prefer to have the current gnome-sound-recorder ported to 1.0 first.
> >> In this case, we could still create a seperate recorder project and
> >> move things there, until we decide to switch to Florent's version.
> >
> > gnome-media also contains gstreamer-properties. Is that needed? Maybe
> > should be part of gstreamer itself.
>
> It was already splitted a while ago (for 3.0 iirc) in libgnome-media-profiles.

gStreamer-properties isn't in libgnome-media-profiles, you're thinking
of gnome-audio-profiles-properties.

gstreamer-properties isn't shipped.

> > Regarding gnome-sound-recorder: Would that new recorder be usable for
> > GNOME 3.6? Don't forget that UI and feature freeze is on Aug 20!
>
> gnome-media hasn't been part of GNOME releases since 3.0. So probably,
> being a seperate project, it can have a different schedule (even
> though it's nicer to align)

Agreed. Would be great to get at least one of those recorder projects
merged into GNOME, and keep contributors from the various rewrites and
forks.

Cheers