Re: Support both gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 for GNOME 3.6?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 04:45:14PM +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
>> I think gnome-media should be moved to a deprecated read-only
>> directory (or something similar), and we focus on Florent effort to
>> build a better recorder for gnome. But I can imagine some people would
>> prefer to have the current gnome-sound-recorder ported to 1.0 first.
>> In this case, we could still create a seperate recorder project and
>> move things there, until we decide to switch to Florent's version.
>
> gnome-media also contains gstreamer-properties. Is that needed? Maybe
> should be part of gstreamer itself.

It was already splitted a while ago (for 3.0 iirc) in libgnome-media-profiles.

> Regarding gnome-sound-recorder: Would that new recorder be usable for
> GNOME 3.6? Don't forget that UI and feature freeze is on Aug 20!

gnome-media hasn't been part of GNOME releases since 3.0. So probably,
being a seperate project, it can have a different schedule (even
though it's nicer to align)

--
Marc-André Lureau