Re: 3.6 Feature: Lock Screen
- From: Jakub Steiner <jsteiner redhat com>
- To: Maciej Marcin Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: 3.6 Feature: Lock Screen
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:38:44 -0400 (EDT)
> Why use PIN at all? (Apparently that is question for Windows 8 as
> Or is it for smartcards?
PIN entry is an alternative authorization method for form factors where a typically long text entry (especially with numerals thrown in) is too much of a burden, like on a tablet device. I can see some additional methods, like using swipe patterns or face detection viable, but this seemed like the easiest approach.
] [Thread Prev