Re: 3.6 Feature: Lock Screen

Hi Shaun,

> I *love* the idea of showing notifications and allowing control of
> media playback. It's something I've wanted for a very, very long
> time.
>
> But I share Bhaavan's concern with having to physically drag the
> screen up. It's very cumbersome with a mouse. And aside from being
> inconvenient, without keyboard-only use it's not accessible.

We briefly touch (pun intended) on keyboard interaction at the bottom of the page. You should be able to unroll the curtain with Esc.

> How is the PIN supposed to be set? Will that involve changes to
> the User Accounts panel?

The login options in the user settings panel is the obvious place place for customizing that. We are also working on the initial setup*, which would also be the place where this is exposed (but we don't have anything to point to at this stage).

> And while we're dealing with User Accounts and passwords, could we
> manage to do something about the password hint? You can set it, but
> it doesn't do anything useful in any software anywhere. It's kind
> of embarrassing to have to write that in the help.

Thanks for bringing that up. I imagine this becomes useful after several failed attempts to authorize.

cheers

* https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup